Welcome to the Chopped Challenge
Throughout the week, teams will have had several opportunities to apply concepts of open in teams and sharing in Acumulador. For the ‘Chopped Challenge’ teams will create their own open project using the ‘ingredients’ of tools, concepts and ideas shared this week.
Your idea/project must include ‘ingredients’ that you discovered or learned this week:
- Open pedagogy wheel elements
- Other open pedagogy ideas/concenpts
- Open technology tools/ideas/concepts
- Open scholarship ideas/concepts (i.e. open data, visualization,
- You may not use an idea you have previously posted to Acumulador.
- You may use another team’s idea from Acumulador and re-work it/expand on it/improve it.
- You must use at least 5 ‘ingredients’ from the week.
- You have to respect the time allocated – part of the chopped challenge is working with the time pressure!
- Projects must be at least ‘Level 2’ – goal is ‘Level 3’
(Level 1 projects will have to be revised).
Levels of Open
When you add your idea to Acumulador, use the Chopped Challenge Pitch category:
Also make sure you use your Team Name in the title!
Criteria for the pitch (one paragraph maximum):
- Short description of the idea.
- What gap does your project/idea address?
- How is your idea/project a meaningful contribution to a program, faculty, UDG, world?
See all of the Chopped Challenge Pitches https://muraludg.org/acumulador/category/chopped/pitch/
- Review the feedback on your ‘pitch’ in Acumulador
- Designate roles for the team:
- Acumulador/twitter, etc.
- Plan must include:
Describe your project- who is it for, who is involved, how long will it take, what is the role of the participants, who will it benefit, who does it connect with?
Gap addressed or contribution your idea makes to open education?
What are the 5 minimum you are incorporating “ingredients”. Are there other ingredients you are using?
Any potential barriers or challenges you would anticipate
What resources are needed and any references used. and References
- Present your project (5 mins) to your instructor group
- Questions and feedback from your peers
STEP 4: UPDATE PLAN
11:10am – 12:30pm
- Make modifications to your project based on feedback
- COFFEE BREAK
- Present updates (2-3 mins)
Each team will vote for another team (1 vote per team)
Instructor will review votes and reveal which team who will proceed to the next round
- Return to plenary room
12:30pm – 1:20pm
- Finalists from each room will present their ideas (5 mins each)
- Audience questions (5 mins per team)
- Audience members vote
- Team 5: Propuesta de Plataforma abierta para el desarrollo de habilidades emprendedoras
- Team 9: Open repository of didactic materials
- Team 13. OER para promover el uso adecuado de las TIC
- Team 19: MOOC UdeG
- Team 24: METOPISTAS GAME
STEP 6: SUBMIT PROJECTS
1:30 – 2:00pm
- REQUIRED: All teams submit projects to Acumulador
- REQUIRED: Complete Peer Evaluations
LUNCH 2:00PM – 3:00pm
STEP 7: FINAL RESULTS & CLOSING ACTIVITIES
3:00pm – 4:30pm
- Winning team announced!
- Post Reflection to Contestar (1/2 hour):
What is an area you would like to explore further? What you think will be your next step, whether small or large? For example, this could be a personal pledge such as “I endeavour to publish my articles in open journals only.”During this hour, instructions are tabulating peer reviews and final completion.
- Presentation of Certificates
The Winners… Team 24
See their final project idea: Team 24: METOPISTAS GAME