- To standardize articles related to Mexican cinema in Wikipedia
- To improve Wikipedia coverage of Mexican cinema by adding, expanding and improving film articles
- To provide the necessary quality framework to assist in bringing all articles within the project to the highest possible quality
Mexican cinema may include not only domestic films, but also films made by Mexican filmmakers outside of the country, films produced or co-produced by Mexican companies, and foreign films shooting within Mexico.
Articles can be concentrated in a number of broad areas:
- Films and film series
- Film characters
- Companies and organizations of note, including equipment suppliers, production companies, archives, institutes and educational facilities.
- Film awards, including individual ceremonies, award categories, and winner or nominee lists.
- Film festivals, film appreciation organizations.
- Film equipment, technology, practice, and terminology.
- Significant historical locations and structures primarily used for filmmaking or exhibition.
- Film studies topics and notable film critics, theorists, and researchers.
- Genres, types, movements and periods of film; the cinematic histories of particular nations, regions and groups.
WikiProject Film/Recognized content
Shared by: Film Fan
Image Credit: https://utpress.utexas.edu/books/berg-classical-mexican-cinema