An overview of the activities for certificate.
Pre- Event Online Activities
If you are registered with UdG to participate in this certificate, here’s what you can do before March 5.
- Make sure your twitter account is still working and start following @muraludg. Make sure you use #muraludg in tweets to share with our network. In twitter, create a saved search for #muraludg.
- Become familiar with the Mural UDG website (please note that it will continue to change before March 5)
- Begin participating in Contestar, an open discussion space, where we have posted some questions for you to ponder and reply to .
- Remember the UDG Agora Daily Try? Watch for the new Daily Openers, a series of new brief activities designed to get you exploring and thinking about the UDG Mural topics. Follow @muraludg to see when the new ones are posted.
- Watch for blog posts the week of Feb 26.
Get Your Apps Going!
Bring an ipad and/or a laptop. Here are the apps and web tools we will be using in the activities – some you already have, but some are new:
- Have your twitter account ready to go.
- Have your Google account (google drive, google docs) ready to go
- Set up an accounts on these web sites:
- Download these apps if you are bringing a mobile/tablet device:
Monday – Thursday
|830-900am||Registration/attendance||At the venue
|9-1130|| Morning Topic Sessions:
Monday: The Open Question
Tuesday: Open Pedagogy
Wednesday: Open Technology
Thursday: Open Scholar
Friday: Chopped Challenge
|Large Plenary room
|1130-12||Break and transition to smaller rooms||25/room
|12-2||Breakout/Do-A-Thon activities||Smaller (25) rooms. 4 rooms/25 people per room|
|3-4||Afternoon topics, and guest interviews (via webconferencing)
Monday: Adventures in Wikipedia – an interview with Jon Beasley-Murray
Tuesday: The Responsibility of Open – panel interview with Maha Bali and Robin DeRosa
Thursday: Think Global, Act Global – Paul Stacey interview
|Large plenary room|
|830-9||Registration/attendance||Outside plenary room|
|9-1130||Preparation for Chopped Challenge, possibly another type of session as well||Large plenary room|
|12-2||Chopped Challenge||Large plenary room|
|2-400||Lunch and Closing